Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's HOT!

For those of you that do not know me reading today.. I live in Texas!  To say " it's hot " is really a huge understatement.  We are on our 20th day in a streak of days over 100 degrees and there's no end in sight.  This morning the 5 day forecast looked like this:

Friday       Saturday       Sunday       Monday       Tuesday         
100             103              104             103             100               

Can I say R.E.L.E.N.T.L.E.S.S. 

I look out the window and it looks so beautiful out there... and I go out to turn the sprinklers on and come in drenched... AND NOT FROM THE SPRINKLERS!

We are accustomed to heat and our bodies do adapt.  A friend of mine that lives in Maryland asked me.. "how do you go out and run errands or go to the store...?"  I thought this question was so odd.  What does she mean??? I just go to the grocery store or to Target if I need to.  I just get in the car and go.  Yes, It's hot.  Damn hot!  I have to start my car and let it run for 10 minutes to cool off enough to get in so that the seatbelts don't singe the hair off of me and my kids, but let's face it.  Life just goes on... and we will start school and it will probably still be 100 degrees or more.  It happens.  I guess it's no different than my thinking this past winter when we had RECORD miracle snow over 12 inches here and EVERYTHING shut down and closed because none of us could get our cars out and we certainly weren't prepared for dressing for that.  I always wonder.. "how do people in the north do it"  I bundle my kids up in layers of clothes from their tiny head to their toes -everything covered but their eyes- and then they get in the car with the heater and stifle. I hate being cold.  But I will tell you.... I hate being hot too... this is ridiculous.  Can I please have my sweet 80 degree days back?  I rememeber a couple of days in March that were like that.  I'm going to pretend it's like that today.  I'm also adding a "Let it Snow" blinkie on the sidebar...
Love to you all, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment