Monday, January 28, 2013

Tiny flip-flops and pink toothbrushes

I'm a night owl. I'm almost always the last one to sleep here. Tonight was no exception, except that I had a moment. You know those times when thankfulness overwhelms you? Do you ever have those times? Tonight as I walked down the hall to the bathroom, I did what I always do.... Went in to see each child sleeping, put the toys away that they tucked themselves in with, cover them up , etc... Then, as I went in to go to the bathroom, I noticed 2 tiny, glittery flip-flops in front of the sink and toothbrushes piled on the cabinet full of pink blobby toothpaste. And there it was... Right after I stepped over those flip-flops...that warm feeling of "I am so blessed" that feeling of, no one else in the world has what I have! What an amazing feeling. I hope I never get too caught up to remember that I have what so many people long for. I think I'll use those flip-flops as my excuse tomorrow to not clean the kids bathroom. Have a goodnight. You're blessed too. Find your tiny mess and go be thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment